Wedding reception venues are sometimes forced to take legal action because of their clients. In the majority of cases, this is because a couple didn’t read all the terms and conditions before signing the contract. What else should couples know to avoid wedding venue problems?
1. Put Everything You’ve Agreed with the Vendor in Writing.
This is the golden rule because we easily forget details.
2. Tour the Rooms You Plan to Book
See your wedding hall, reception area, and any bridal suites for the bride, groom and bridal party to freshen up in that you might need.
3. Agree on the Deposit Amount
Settle on the deposit amount and choose a date when the rest is due.
4. Confirm If the Place Has a Liquor License
You don’t want trouble with the law.
5. Does the Venue Have Permission to Host Civil Ceremonies?
Believe it or not, this is actually quite an important thing to verify.
6. Does the Venue Have the Required License to Play Music?
You don’t want the neighbors calling you out for playing music at your own wedding.
7. Verify If You’ll Have Enough Parking Space for All Your Guests.
Expecting 500 guests? If half of them bring their cars, you’ll need enough space to park at least 250 cars.
8. Find Out the Cost Per Plate for Each Additional Guest.
In Sydney, an unaccounted for plus-one will set you back about $150. Now imagine 10 uninvited guests showing up!
9. Penalties for Late Payments
If you fail to pay your remaining balance on time, you might attract penalty fees.
10. Penalties for Weddings That Go Over-Time
11. Will There Be Renovation Work Around Your Wedding Date?
Anything could happen and the renovation work might not finish on time. You’ll want to know ahead of time before signing that contract.
12. Maximum and Minimum Guest Numbers
There will probably be extra charges if you exceed the venue’s carrying capacity.
13. Can You Bring Your Own Alcohol?
If you’re on a budget and trying to keep costs down you might want to bring your own booze.
14. Is There a Policy About Bringing Children to the Venue?
Some venues might have strict no-child policies because of the presence of alcohol on the premises and or other private venue reasons. Verify ahead of time.
15. Cancellation Policies and How Are Refunds Issued Out?
You may want to cancel or postpone your wedding due to an unforeseen matter. This happens all the time. Ask about refunds and how much of the total booking fee the venue will give back.
To Book a Hassle-Free Wedding Venue Contact Us
We like to see our clients stress-free. All our contracts are clear and easy-to-read. For a hassle-free experience, schedule a wedding venue tour of Clarence House today. Book with us on (02) 9750 3555 or (02) 9789 1662 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org